Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Basketcase Basegasket

The Greatest web site in the world, craigslist has yielded yet another gem. 1997 Jeep Cherokee, 102k miles and bone stock. I can't tell you how much I paid for it, but after the guy signed the title over to me, it was on the trailer and gone in 60 seconds!
No it won't start and I think the tranny is bad. It has a layer of mold on it and the interior is trashed. The intake manifold was recently vacated by some neighborhood squirrel. The taillight is broken along with the driver's seat. Needs a battery too.
Officially a basketcase, a term used by my biker friends referring to a motorcycle too far gone to repair without loosing your ass, I felt bad for the neglected orphan sitting in the driveway. The family abandoned her for 2 years, and selling her only to make room for a gas grill or something. How sad!!

:-(

I'll get the power washer out tomorrow and blow off the years of neglect and rodent poop. Get the two year old gas out of the tank and get her a new battery. Get her running... see if she'll go to Sonic for a corn dog and a sweet tea with me.
What should I name her?

3 comments:

Tennessee Jed said...

Magnolia sounds like a good name for her as she is white like a magnolia flower. Also there is a Dead song which has a line that says: "-she can dance a cajun rhythm, jump like a willys in four wheel drive." Willys turned into Jeep so it fits a bit.

The whole song:

Sugar magnolia, blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I dont care,
Saw my baby down by the river, knew shed have to come up soon for air.

Sweet blossom come on, under the willow, we can have high times if youll abide
We can discover the wonders of nature, rolling in the rushes down by the riverside.

Shes got everything delightful, shes got everything I need,
Takes the wheel when Im seeing double, pays my ticket when I speed

She comes skimmin through rays of violet, she can wade in a drop of dew,
She dont come and I dont follow, waits backstage while I sing to you.

Well, she can dance a cajun rhythm, jump like a willys in four wheel drive.
Shes a summer love for spring, fall and winter. she can make happy any man alive.

Sugar magnolia, ringing that bluebell, caught up in sunlight, come on out singing
Ill walk you in the sunshine, come on honey, come along with me.

Shes got everything delightful, shes got everything I need,
A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine yes
Indeed.

Sometimes when the cuckoos crying, when the moon is half way down,
Sometimes when the night is dying, I take me out and I wander around, I wander
round.

Sunshine, daydream, walking in the tall trees, going where the wind goes
Blooming like a red rose, breathing more freely,
Ride our singin, Ill walk you in the morning sunshine
Sunshine, daydream. sunshine, daydream. walking in the sunshine.

Basegasket said...

Hey... Magnolia.....hmmmm....I like it!

Tennessee Jed said...

You gotta throw us an update photo at least!