Friday, August 31, 2007

Frack broke her hip!!!

It's hard for me to utter these words. Unless you were youngest of a boat load of siblings or your parents family plans got a late start. If you are saying those words up top this post your probably getting old. Oops! but this isn't about me now is it?
At this moment Frack waits in pre-op to repair a Intertrochanteric hip fracture. A scary thought for anyone, even more for the patient. Seeing Her in all that pain is like a strike to my core, leaving me a bit nauseated inside, I feel so bad for her, but Frack is a tough old wineskin, she'll pull through.
I knew when the decision was made for Frick and Frack to move to K-town it would be good for times just like these. If you can find any good in a hip fracture. Last night in the ER, together, as a family, we shared in her pain, our own contemplations, and even mustered a session of hysterical laughter... "think outside the BOX!!" LOL (family joke, Ronny will know what that means.) In retrospect this event, as unpleasant as it is, will bring our extended unit closer.
If I could offer any appeal to the reader today it would be this; if you have family, close or not, single, divorced, or re-married, blood or twice removed... Share life with them, now... Don't wait for the slip and fall... or the winter, or any future event to prompt you. Do it today.


7 comments:

Julie said...

I'll be sending some energy thoughts your way for Frack and hoping that the recovery is speedy and without complications.
Very good thoughts and insights for everyone to listen to and remember as well! We often get to busy w/ the day to day life of the mudane to spend time doing the most important things, nurturing those we love.

Anonymous said...

Ma and I appreciate the thoughts and concern for her at this time. Thanks for your post!

Basegasket said...

Ma moved to a "live-in" PT hotel yesterday. She has to share a room, but it is a very nice place. They have "upped" her pain meds, She will begin the painful process of therapy.
We found a new place for them to live not far from us. The house has no steps and is quite nice.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me that I hadn't posted to your blog offspring of Frack! I had it set up as a feed for my Internet Explorer but obviously didn't have it set up right. It didn't notify me of changes like I thought it would. Please give Frack a hug from her adopted son in the frigid (well not today) northland. And yeah..."box" conjured up some memories and a laff :)) Love ya buddy. Keep the cyber news coming!
Ronny

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this--hope by now there has been positive progress and some pain relief.

H-town continues...hope you are well.

Basegasket said...

Thanks for the post 308. I had lunch with Ma today. She is progressing well but it is a painful process. She is expected to remain there for 2 more weeks. JS

Anonymous said...

feel free to shoot me when i'm old